SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Freshman Madison Waldie and sophomore Karah Slater shaved a combined 11 strokes off their round one scores to lead the Spring Arbor University women's golf team at Saturday's final round of the Battle at Blackthorn.
EVENT: Battle at Blackthorn
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 10th of 11 teams
COURSE: Blackthorn Golf Club | South Bend, Ind.
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- Saint Francis (Ind.) – 315-319-634
- Bethel – 318-321-639
- Indiana Wesleyan – 331-324-655
- Taylor – 328-330-658
- Olivet Nazarene – 321-344-665
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Madison Waldie – 95-87-182 (37th)
- Karah Slater – 95-92-187 (38th)
- Morgan Urschalitz – 95-94-189 (T41st)
- Becca Snyder – 104-95-199 (T50th)
- Lauren Fuller – 105-101-206 (52nd)
- After posting matching 95's in Friday's opening round, Waldie came back with an 87 while Slater posted a 92 on Saturday. Waldie finished in 37th place with a 36-hole total of 192 and Slater followed close behind in 38th with a 187.
- All five Cougars recorded lower scores in their second rounds.
- Morgan Urschalitz posted rounds of 95 and 94 for a two-round total of 189 to finish tied for 41st. Becca Snyder took nine strokes off her first round score with a 95 on Saturday and Lauren Fuller shot four strokes better on the final day to finish with an overall score of 206.
- Saint Francis' Marissa Singer earned medalist honors with a 154 (78-76). Saint Francis also took home the team title.
Spring Arbor will compete at the Lourdes University Fall Invitational, held at Sylvania Country Club in Sylvania, Ohio, on Monday, Oct. 10 before closing out the fall schedule at the Mount Vernon Nazarene University Invitational on Oct. 14-15.