ADA, Mich. – The Spring Arbor University men's golf team sat in 11th place following an opening round 312 at the Egypt Valley Intercollegiate, but a second round 326 dropped the Cougars to a 15th place finish.
EVENT: Egypt Valley Intercollegiate
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 15th of 19 teams
COURSE: Egypt Valley Country Club | Ada, Mich.
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
1. Madonna – 292-291-583
T2. Taylor – 286-305-591
T2. Lawrence Tech – 296-295-591
4. Indiana Wesleyan – 304-296-600
5. Taylor (B) – 307-299-606
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Sean Sommerville – 75-77-152 (T27th)
- Cameron Conley – 79-80-159 (T55th)
- Josh Haadsma – 79-85-164 (T73rd)
- John Karcher – 85-84-169 (T88th)
- Connor Talbert – 79-D-D (109)
- For the third straight tournament, Sommerville was the top finisher for the Cougars. He fired a three-over par 75 in Monday's opening round before shooting a 77 over the final 18 holes to finish with a 152 and in 27th place out of 111 competitors.
- Conley followed close behind with a 36-hole total of 159 (79-80), earning a 55th place finish.
- Haadsma and Karcher rounded out the scoring for SAU with scores of 164 (79-85) and 169 (85-84), respectively.
- Madonna earned the team title with a two-round score of 583.
- Lawrence Tech's Josh Dirlam claimed medalist honors with a 139 (69-70).
Spring Arbor will return to action on Monday, Oct. 10 at the Lourdes University Fall Invitational held at Sylvania Country Club.