SYLVANIA, Ohio – The Spring Arbor University women's golf team finished in third place at the Lourdes University Fall Invitational, which was held on Saturday at the Sylvania Country Club in Sylvania, Ohio. The Cougars finished the tournament with a team score of 384. The University of Northwestern Ohio captured first place with a 314.
EVENT: Lourdes University Fall Invitational
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 3rd of 5 teams
COURSE: Sylvania Country Club | Sylvania, Ohio
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- Northwestern Ohio – 314
- Siena Heights – 338
- Spring Arbor – 384
- Lourdes – 388
- Lourdes (B) – 431
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Madison Waldie – 87 (T10th)
- Morgan Urschalitz – 95 (T18th)
- Brooke Brotzman – 96 (T19th)
- Lauren Fuller – 106 (T25th)
- Becca Snyder – 110 (28th)
- Freshman Madison Waldie earned the first Top 10 finish of her career. Waldie tied for 10th place after turning in an 87.
- Sophomore Morgan Urschalitz and freshman Brooke Brotzman followed in 18th and 19th place with scores of 95 and 96, respectively.
- Northwestern Ohio placed four golfers in the top five spots on its way to claiming the team championship. The Racers' Brianna Baird earned medalist honors with a three-over par 75.
The Cougars will wrap up their fall schedule at the Mount Vernon Nazarene University Invitational, held at Chapel Hill Golf Club in Mount Vernon, Ohio, on Friday, Oct. 14 and Saturday, Oct. 15.