BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – Corey Gill and Hanna Irvin were the top finishers for the Spring Arbor University men's and women's bowling teams at the Bowling Green State University Falcon Classic. Both Cougar teams would finish in 11th place in the tournament.
EVENT: Bowling Green State University Falcon Classic
TEAM FINISH: Men – 11th/17; Women 11th/14
LOCATION: Bowling Green, Ohio
- As a team, Spring Arbor racked up some of its highest scores of the season.
- The men's squad finished with 6983 total pins – the second-most on the campaign. After five individual games, the Cougars had accumulated 4812 pins, and picked up 2171 more in the 12-game Baker format.
- The SAU women recorded its highest tournament score of the season with 6178 pins. The Cougars posted a score of 4812 after the individual games and would go on to score a 2171 in the Baker games.
- Gill led the way for the men's team finishing in 16th place out of 125 bowlers. He was very consistent scoring at least a 200 in all five games and ended the afternoon with a total pinfall of 1075.
- Austin Kraemer and Kyle Lucas followed in 28th and 40th, respectively. Kraemer finished with a score of 1013 and an average of 202.6 with a season-high game of 235. Lucas also posted a season-best game with a 223. He closed the tournament with 957 pins.
- Irvin paced the women's team, placing 19th in a field of 100 competitors. She had 970 pins over five games, including a season-best 234 in the final game.
- Stephanie Waddell and Sabrina Ball also bowled new season-high games with a 228 and 199, respectively. Waddell placed 31st with 935 total pins and Ball finished 52nd with 764.
- Concordia University earned the men's team title with 7734 total pins. The Cardinals were led by Zachary Hazel's fifth place finish with 1139 pins.
- The University of Northwestern Ohio landed two bowlers in the top three, including the tournament's individual champion Michael Staniford, who collected 1207 pins with a 241.4 average.
- The women's team championship was won by Wright State University with a total pinfall of 7580.The Raiders also boasted the individual champion as Leslie Campbell finished with 1127 pins.
The Cougars will enjoy a couple weeks off before returning to action at the WHAC Jamboree #3, hosted by Davenport University, on Saturday, Dec. 3. The tournament will be held at Spectrum Lanes in Wyoming, Michigan.
STAY CONNECTED: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
DOWNLOAD OUR APPS: iOS (iPhone/iPad) | Android