WYOMING, Mich. – The Spring Arbor University men's and women's bowling teams competed in WHAC Jamboree #3 on Saturday. The Cougar men finished eight out of 10 teams while the women placed seventh.
EVENT: WHAC Jamboree #3
TEAM FINISH: Men – 8th/10; Women – 7th/10
LOCATION: Spectrum Lanes | Wyoming, Mich.
- The Spring Arbor men opened the tournament with their best individual game of the day shooting a 933, but would drop to eighth place with a score of 3507 heading into the Baker games. In the Baker format, SAU would collect 2595 pins for a tournament total of 6102.
- The women's team sat in the middle of the pack after the first four games with a score of 3239, which included games of 840 and 847. The Cougars were unable to keep pace, however, in the Baker format as they dropped to seventh overall with a final pinfall of 5661.
- Through three WHAC events, the SAU men rank ninth in the conference standings while the women are tied for eight.
- For the second straight tournament, Corey Gill paced the SAU men. Gill finished 11th overall in the field of nearly 90 bowlers with 769 pins, averaging a 192.3 over the four games.
- Tucker Hemmila and Adam LaRoe were close behind in 17th and 19th with pinfalls of 754 and 752, respectively.
- Sabrina Ball led the way for the Cougars on the women's side. She totaled 735 with a high-game of 197 – just two pins off her season-high. Hanna Irvin placed 17th with 678 pins and a 169.5 average.
- The Davenport University men and the Lawrence Tech women claimed first place at the event. Davenport racked up 6912 total pins while Lawrence Tech accumulated 6543, edging out Concordia University by just 14 pins.
- The individual champion on the men's side was Zachary Hazel from Concordia with 891 pins. Hannah Gauthier and Melissa Sleda finished one-two for Lawrence Tech on the women's side with 872 and 794 pins, respectively.
Spring Arbor will enjoy some time off before returning to action Jan. 13 at the Jayhawk Great Lakes Classic, hosted by Muskegon Community College, in Muskegon, Michigan.