INDIANAPOLIS – The Spring Arbor University men's golf team opened its spring season with a sixth place finish at the Marian University Spring Invitational in Indianapolis. The Cougars shot a two-round 623 at the Broadmoor Country Club.
EVENT: Marian University Spring Invitational
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 6th of 9 teams
COURSE: Broadmoor CC | Indianapolis, Ind.
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- Mount Mercy – 293-287-580
- Cardinal Stritch – 291-293-584
- Marian – 299-292-591
- Calvin – 300-312-612
- Mount Vernon Nazarene – 310-308-618
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Sean Sommerville – 78-73-151 (T-15th)
- Cameron Conley – 82-75-157 (T-28th)
- Josh Haadsma – 77-80-157 (T-28th)
- Spenser Fisher – 77-81-158 (T-32nd)
- Taylor VanSolkema – 83-84-167 (T-50th)
- Wyatt Moll – 87-85-172 (59th)
- John Karcher – WD
- Spring Arbor shot a first round 314 followed by a 309 on Saturday for a two-day score of 623.
- Mount Mercy University earned the team title with a two-round total of 580 followed by Cardinal Stritch in second place with a 584. The host Marian Knights finished third with a 591.
- Senior Sean Sommerville led the way for the Cougars with his 15th place finish. After his opening day 78, he bounced back with a two-over par 73 – two strokes off his season-low score.
- Spenser Fisher made his SAU debut at the tournament. Fisher fired an opening round 77 and a second round 81 for a 36-hole total of 158.
Spring Arbor will compete in the University of Saint Francis Invitational on Friday, Apr. 7 and Saturday, Apr. 8 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Friday's opening round will be held at Autumn Ridge GC starting at 1 p.m. while Saturday will be played at Cherry Hill GC starting at 9 a.m.