FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Spring Arbor University men's golf team finished in fifth place out of 10 teams at the University of Saint Francis Cougar Spring Invitational.
EVENT: USF Cougar Spring Invitational
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 5th of 10 teams
COURSE: Autumn Ridge GC, Cherry Hill GC
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- #23 Madonna – 298-292-590
- Indiana Wesleyan – 308-294-602
- Olivet Nazarene – 307-307-614
- Saint Francis – 313-302-615
- Spring Arbor – 321-306-627
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Spenser Fisher – 78-78-156 (T-19th)
- Sean Sommerville – 81-76-157 (T-22nd)
- Cameron Conley – 84-73-157 (T-22nd)
- John Karcher – 78-79-157 (T-22nd)
- Josh Haadsma – 86-79-165 (T-43rd)
- Spring Arbor opened the USF Cougar Spring Invitational with a 321 on Friday, but bounced back with a 306 to close out the tournament on Saturday for a two-day total of 627.
- No. 23-ranked Madonna took home first place with a 590 (298-292). The Crusaders also had the top-two individual finishers in Michael Gaulin and John Tatti. Gaulin fired a three-under par 141 (70-71) while Tatti recorded a 146 (73-73).
- Spenser Fisher led the way for the Cougars with a 19th place finish. Fisher turned in back-to-back rounds of 78 for a 36-hole total of 156.
- Sean Sommerville, Cameron Conley and John Karcher all tied for 22nd with a 157. After an opening round 84, Conley shot 11 strokes better on day two with a 73, which matched his season-low round.
- Josh Haadsma rounded out the SAU contingent with a 165 (86-79) to land in 43rd place.
Spring Arbor will have one final tuneup before the Crossroads League Championship. The Cougars will travel to West Lafayette, Indiana on Monday, Apr. 17 for the Ackerman-Allen Classic, held at Ackerman-Allen GC.