FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Spring Arbor University women's golf team finished in ninth place out of 11 teams at the University of Saint Francis Cougar Spring Invitational.
EVENT: USF Cougar Spring Invitational
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 9th of 11 teams
COURSE: Cherry Hill GC, Cobblestone GC
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- #21 Northwestern Ohio – 318-305-623
- #14 Indiana Tech – 320-314-634
- Olivet Nazarene – 325-323-648
- Taylor – 334-320-654
- Saint Francis – 342-317-659
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Madison Waldie – 88-84-172 (37th)
- Morgan Urschalitz – 87-86-173 (T-38th)
- Brooke Brotzman – 90-93-183 (49th)
- Karah Slater – 106-89-195 (55th)
- Becca Snyder – 99-103-202 (59th)
- Spring Arbor posted a team score of 364 on the first day of the USF Cougar Spring Invitational before recording a 352 over the final round on Saturday for a two-day total of 716.
- No. 21-ranked Northwestern Ohio edged out No. 14 Indiana Tech to take home the team championship. Northwestern Ohio finished with a 623 while Indiana Tech shot a 634.
- Marissa Singer of Saint Francis earned medalist honors with a 148 (77-71).
- Madison Waldie and Morgan Urschalitz were the top two finishers for SAU. Waldie came in 37th place with a 172 (88-84) while Urschalitz followed in 38th with a 173 (87-86).
- Karah Slater fired a season-low 89 over the final 18 holes of the tournament.
Spring Arbor will have one final tune-up before the Crossroads League Championship. The Cougars will travel to West Lafayette, Indiana on Monday, Apr. 17 for the Ackerman-Allen Classic, held at Ackerman-Allen GC.