WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Spring Arbor University men's golf team finished in eighth place out of 10 teams at the Ackerman-Allen Classic, hosted by Taylor University at the Ackerman-Allen Golf Course in West Lafayette, Indiana.
EVENT: Ackerman-Allen Classic
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 8th out of 10 teams
COURSE: Ackerman-Allen Golf Course | West Lafayette, Ind.
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- Taylor University - 290-276-566
- St. Francis - 281-295-576
- Indiana Wesleyan - 290-289-579
- Lawrence Tech - 291-291-582
- Taylor University (B) - 287-299-586
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Spring Arbor opened the tournament's first round with a score of 311. The Cougars recovered in the second round shooting a season-low 300 to make the two-round total 611.
- Taylor took home first place with a score of 290 on the first round and 276 on the second round, giving the Trojans a winning total of 10-under par 566.
- Spenser Fisher led the Cougars finishing in 25th place. Fisher shot a five-over par 149 for the tournament. He posted a season-best 74 on the first 18 and a 75 on the second.
- Sean Sommerville was close behind finishing in 28th place. Sommerville turned in back-to-back rounds of 75 for a total of 150.
- Cameron Conley matched his season-low round with a 73 over the final 18 holes while Nick Losinger recorded a new season-best with an 82 in his second round.
Spring Arbor will travel to Pine Valley CC on Monday, Apr. 24 and Tuesday, Apr. 25 to compete in the Crossroads League Championship in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Men's Golf Contact: Chris Bauman | 517-750-6504 | [email protected]
SAU Athletics: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Men's Golf: Twitter | Facebook