WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Spring Arbor University women's golf team finished in fifth place at the Ackerman-Allen Classic, hosted by Taylor University at the Ackerman-Allen Golf Course in West Lafayette, Indiana.
EVENT: Ackerman-Allen Classic
RESULT: Spring Arbor finishes 5th out of five teams
COURSE: Ackerman-Allen Golf Course | West Lafayette, Ind.
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- Taylor University - 299-313-612
- Indiana Wesleyan University - 310-307-617
- St. Francis University - 317-309-626
- St. Joseph's College - 340-343-683
- Spring Arbor - 352-345-697
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Spring Arbor opened the Ackerman-Allen Classic with a score of 352. The Cougars shot an improved second round of 345 to make the two-round total 697.
- Taylor took home first place with a score of 299 on the first round and 313 on the second round, giving the Trojans a winning total of 612.
- Brooke Brotzman led the Cougars and finished with a tie for 14th place. Brotzman shot a season-low 81 on both rounds finishing with a total of 162.
- Morgan Urschalitz shot an 87 on the first round and an 82 - matching her season-low - on the second round giving her a 36-hole total of 169. Madison Waldie finished in 23rd place with a first round score of 84 and a second round score of 87 totaling to 171.
Spring Arbor will compete in the Crossroads League Championship on May 1-2. The Cougars will be the host team for this year's championship with the event taking place at Eagle Eye Golf Course in Bath, Michigan.
Women's Golf Contact: Chris Bauman | 517-750-6504 | [email protected]
SAU Athletics: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Women's Golf: Facebook