|Spring Arbor (Mich.) (18-25, 11-11 CL)||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||5||3|
|Marian (Ind.) (22-17, 16-6 CL)||1||0||0||0||2||0||2||2||0||7||7||1|
|Indianapolis, IN Marian Ballpark|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Pitching||Marian (Ind.)|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Indv. Stats||Marian (Ind.)|
|2 Players (#4,#33)||Doubles||2 Players (#2,#17)|
|None||Triples||#31 St. Pierre, Zack|
INDIANAPOLIS – The Spring Arbor University baseball team dropped its series opener 7-1 to Marian University on Friday night.
SCORE: Spring Arbor 1, Marian 7
LOCATION: Marian Ballpark | Indianapolis, Ind.
RECORDS: Spring Arbor 18-25 (11-11 CL), Marian 22-17 (16-6 CL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marian struck first with a run in the first inning, but Spring Arbor answered immediately. In the second, Conner Lengerich got things started with a double to right before advancing to third on a sacrifice bunt by Nick Harris. Two batters later, Lengerich scored on an error to tie the game.
- That was how the score stayed until the fifth inning when the Knights cashed in on a pair of SAU miscues. The home plated two runs to take a 3-1 advantage.
- Marian would tack on four more runs en route to the victory.
- Christian Davis recorded two of Spring Arbor's five hits, including a double.
- Andrew Manier surrendered seven runs, but only three earned, in 7.2 innings of work.
Spring Arbor will wrap up its three-game series with the Knights tomorrow with a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m.