FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Spring Arbor University men's golf team finished fourth at the 2017 Crossroads League Championship, held at Pine Valley Country Club in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The Cougars were unable to make up any ground during Tuesday's final round, posting a team score of 318 to finish with a 54-hole tournament with a 926.
For the second straight year, Taylor University won captured the tournament championship with a team score of 867 (281-293-293). Marian University (886) earned second place while Indiana Wesleyan University (897) followed in third place.
EVENT: Crossroads League Championship
RESULT: Spring Arbor finished 4th out of 9 teams
COURSE: Pine Valley Country Club | Fort Wayne, Ind.
THE TEAM SCOREBOARD (TOP 5 TEAMS)
- Taylor – 281-293-293-867
- Marian – 298-300-288-886
- Indiana Wesleyan – 304-297-296-897
- Spring Arbor – 305-303-318-926
- Saint Francis – 306-319-308-933
SPRING ARBOR SCORES
- Cameron Conley – 71-73-80-224 (10th)
- Spenser Fisher – 79-75-79-233 (T-22nd)
- Josh Haadsma – 76-82-79-237 (T-28th)
- Sean Sommerville – 85-77-80-242 (T-32nd)
- John Karcher – 79-78-86-243 (34th)
- Three players tied for the top spot, including Indiana Wesleyan's Jake Coffey, who received medalist honors shooting a four-over par 217. Taylor's Alec Dutkowski and Trey Turner also turned in 217's.
- Spring Arbor was led by Cameron Conley. Conley entered Tuesday in second place, but dropped to 10th overall following an 80 over the final 18 holes. He recorded a two-day score of 224, which is tied for the sixth-best 54-hole total in program history.
- Spenser Fisher and Josh Haadsma posted the lowest scores for the Cougars during the final round with both firing a 79. Fisher (233) finished in 22nd place while Haadsma (237) landed in 28th.
- Taking the course for the last time as a Cougar, Sean Sommerville finished 32nd with a 242 (85-77-80).
- With its score of 926, Spring Arbor recorded one of the best 54-hole team performances in program history. The total ranks as the sixth-best score all-time at SAU.