|Spring Arbor (Mich.) (19-29, 12-13 CL)||0||0||3||0||0||0||0||3||6||2|
|Saint Francis (Ind.) (13-39-1, 6-16 CL)||0||0||2||1||0||5||0||8||10||3|
|Fort Wayne, IN Cougar Field|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Pitching||Saint Francis (Ind.)|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Indv. Stats||Saint Francis (Ind.)|
|#2 Driscoll, Jack||Doubles||3 Players|
|#18 Holley, Alex||Triples||None|
|None||Home Runs||#12 Harris, Jack|
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The University of Saint Francis plated five runs in the sixth inning to defeat the Spring Arbor University baseball team 8-3 Friday afternoon in game one of the scheduled doubleheader.
With increasing rain in the forecast, game two was postponed and is slated for Saturday depending on the weather.
SCORE: Spring Arbor 3, Saint Francis 8
LOCATION: Cougar Field | Fort Wayne, Ind.
RECORDS: Spring Arbor 19-29 (12-13 CL), Saint Francis 13-39-1 (6-16 CL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following two scoreless innings, Spring Arbor broke the deadlock with a three-run third inning. Jack Driscoll led off the frame with a double and came around to score on an error by Saint Francis. Later in the inning, Alex Holley brought home SAU's second run with a triple to left. He would also score following an RBI single by Nick Harris.
- Saint Francis got two runs back in the home half of the third to make it a 3-2 game.
- After surrendering three runs in the third, USF ace Dane Hoffman would settle in and hold Spring Arbor scoreless and hitless over the next four frames.
- The home team broke the game open in the sixth, erupting for five runs on five hits.
- Six different Cougars recorded a hit in the contest.
- Brody Harris suffered the loss in a complete game effort. He matched his season-high with eight strikeouts.
Spring Arbor will close out the regular season with two games against Saint Francis on Saturday. The first game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.