|Spring Arbor (Mich.) (21-31)||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||2||10||3|
|Bethel (Ind.) (21-21)||0||0||0||3||0||0||3||2||0||8||11||2|
|Huntington, IN Forest Glen|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Pitching||Bethel (Ind.)|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Indv. Stats||Bethel (Ind.)|
|2 Players (#1,#4)||Doubles||2 Players (#11,#15)|
HUNTINGTON, Ind. – The 2017 Spring Arbor University baseball season came to an end at the Crossroads League Tournament Monday after falling 8-2 to Bethel College.
SCORE: Spring Arbor 2, Bethel 8
LOCATION: Forest Glen | Huntington, Ind.
RECORDS: Spring Arbor 21-31, Bethel 21-21
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After dropping the first game of the Crossroads League Tournament to Mount Vernon Nazarene University Saturday, Spring Arbor looked to avoid elimination with its game against Bethel.
- The Cougars generated a scoring opportunity in the third inning after back-to-back two out singles by Chris Triplett and Francisco Ondina. But, Bethel pitcher Caleb MacPherson induced a harmless groundout to strand both runners.
- One inning later, the Pilots put runners on second and third with one out, and they would cash in to take the lead. Eric Kelver delivered a two-RBI double. Three batters later, Austin Branock would bring home Kelver with a sacrifice fly.
- Bethel plated three more runs in the seventh inning to break the game open.
- Trailing 8-0 in the ninth, Ondina singled to drive in James Hall and Triplett. However, that was as close the Cougars would get.
- SAU collected 10 hits in the game, including three by Conner Lengerich. Triplett and Ondina registered two hits each.
- Duncan Patterson took the loss surrendering six runs – only three earned – in 6.2 innings pitched. Patterson also struck out a season-high seven batters.
- Spring Arbor finished the season with a 21-31 record.