|Concordia (Mich.) (3-2-0)||0||0||0|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.) (6-0-0)||0||4||4|
|Spring Arbor, MI|
|2||63:11||Bethany Balcer (Spring Arbor (Mich.))|
|2||71:32||Abbey Fuller (Spring Arbor (Mich.))|
|2||75:11||Abbey Fuller (Spring Arbor (Mich.))|
|2||48:56||Morgan Marshall (Spring Arbor (Mich.))|
|Concordia (Mich.)||Indv. Leaders||Spring Arbor (Mich.)|
|None||Goals||#16 Abbey Fuller - 2|
|None||Assists||3 Players - 1|
|2 Players (#4,#6) - 2||Shots||#10 Aubrey Schierbeek - 8|
|#0 Maria Lulgjuraj - 8||Saves||2 Players (#0,#00) - 1|
|Concordia (Mich.)||Team Statistics||Spring Arbor (Mich.)|
|6 (2)||Shots (on goal)||20 (12)|
SPRING ARBOR, Mich. – Senior Abbey Fuller scored two goals to help the No. 2 ranked Spring Arbor University women's soccer team overcome a sluggish start for a 4-0 win over Concordia University on Saturday afternoon at the Cougar Soccer Complex.
FINAL SCORE: #2 Spring Arbor 4, Concordia 0
LOCATION: Cougar Soccer Complex | Spring Arbor, Mich.
RECORDS: Spring Arbor 6-0-0, Concordia 3-2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first half, Spring Arbor poured it on in the second half en route to their sixth consecutive victory. Morgan Marshall, who scored the game-winner in Wednesday night's win over No. 1 Northwestern Ohio, got the scoring started, finding the back of the net in the 49th minute.
- Bethany Balcer added to the Cougars' lead in the 64th minute with her eighth goal of the season.
- Fuller capped the scoring, striking twice in a four minute span.
- Spring Arbor outshot Concordia 20-6 and held a 7-0 advantage in corner kicks.
- Goalkeepers Allison Keizer and Samantha Tracey combined to record the shutout.
- Julia Palushaj and Matea Smith registered two shots apiece.
- The Cardinals' goalie Maria Lulgjuraj finished the match with eight saves.
Spring Arbor will travel to Columbia, Kentucky for the Lindsey Wilson College Classic on Friday, Sept. 15 and Saturday, Sept. 16. The Cougars will play No. 10 Lindsey Wilson (1-1-3) on Friday night before facing No. 4 Martin Methodist College (6-0-0) on Saturday.