ADRIAN, Mich. – Kaylee Collier and Austin Kraemer led the Spring Arbor University bowling teams at the first WHAC Jamboree of the season on Saturday. The Cougar women earned their highest team place in program history for a league jamboree, finishing sixth out of nine teams, while the men placed eighth out of 10.
EVENT: WHAC Jamboree #1
TEAM FINISH: Men – 8th/10; Women – 6th/9
LOCATION: Adrian, Mich.
- The Spring Arbor women's team posted its highest finish ever at a WHAC jamboree, collecting 5919 pins.
- The Cougar men placed eighth with a total pinfall of 6152. The men's JV team finished third out of seven with 6055 pins.
- Collier finished 12th out of 74 bowlers with 724 pins. She averaged a 181 over four games with a high-game score of 210.
- Brianna Rickert was close behind in 17th with 694 pins and Hanna Irvin placed 32nd with 625. Sabrina Ball posted the highest single-game score for the Cougars with a 213.
- Kraemer paced the Cougars with a 16th place finish in the field of over 100 bowlers. He racked up 746 pins over four games for a 186 average.
- Dylan Bentley followed in 18th with 738 pins and Corey Gill finished 44th with 651.
- Freshmen Austin Bray and Zach White led the way for the JV. Bray totaled 703 pins for 28th place with a high-game of 200 while White finished 38th with 673 pins.
- Concordia claimed the team title on the women's side with a total pinfall of 6626. The Cardinals also had the top two individuals in Malloree Ambs (833 pins) and Jessica Pate (797 pins).
- Lawrence Tech took home first place for the men with a score of 7109. The Blue Devils' Kyle McGrath was the top individual with 869 pins.
Spring Arbor will compete in the Adrian Open, hosted by Adrian College, on Saturday, Nov. 4. The following weekend, on Saturday, Nov. 11, the Cougars will host their first tournament at Airport Lanes in Jackson, Michigan.